HEARING AID REIMBURSEMENT
The SBA provides a hearing aid benefit to their members and eligible dependents. This benefit is administered in-house by the SBA Health & Welfare Fund. Members must adhere to the SBA Fund GUIDELINES:
- Initial medical evaluation and approval for a hearing aid must be performed by a Board Certified Otolaryngologist.
- Member must submit a signed letter from their Otolaryngologist on official letterhead outlining the detailed diagnosis and need for hearing aid. Members must also submit all test results including all Audiometric tests.
- Requesting member must provide a paid itemized bill that reflects the qualified product purchased.
- The Hearing Aid Reimbursement Claim Form must be submitted within one year of the purchase date with all required documents.
- All claims are subject to review for duplication, coordination of benefits, worker’s compensation etc. At no time will the fund reimburse more than 100% of a claim cost.
- The benefit does not cover the exam, repairs, batteries, accessories, and service contracts.
- The fund will reimburse for ear molds, for children only, in lieu of a new device, under the same two year guidelines.
- Submit Reimbursement Claim form and all documents to:
S.B.A. Health and Welfare Attn: Tony Amato 35 Worth Street New York, N.Y. 10013Members can visit www.sbanyc.org for a full description of the hearing aid benefit including frequency of claim submission and reimbursement amounts. Please contact Tony at the SBA Health & Welfare Fund at 212-431-6555, with any questions. Hearing Aid Reimbursement Claim Form